Monday 9 January 2012

Tasmania - Day 8 - Binalong Bay, Humbug reserve and historic hotel...

This morning dreams I was with a girl mate, escaping another country for troubles with the local mafia. Obtaining a black market French passport, hiding there until I realized my mate was still calling her boyfriend home using her old mobile. Getting her to move again, getting another passport this time, no money enough, they were already on our trails... So there's some driving and running and hiding. I think at the end I escaped in a boat.

Just awake, and killian is already playing with my nerves. I didn't want to stay here last night, to move a bit further north but I stayed for him. I said we move early tomorrow then. He's already saying no...

Well anyway, I left without any breakfast, in a foul mood, that persisted most of the day.
We went to Binalong bay, for a walk on the rocks next to the see. We met this local guy who gave us two Abalones for a special Christmas dinner.

We wandered along the beach, swam a bit, got all sunburnt, in Humbug reserve. Sand was blasting white, my eyes couldn't cope. Again, it was a beautiful beach, unspoilt.

After that, we both agreed that we had enough of beaches and left for Scottsdale.

Along the way, I spotted a very charming historic hotel, Weldborough historic hotel, that was selling local brew of beers and cider. I thought we can stop, and I can relax with a light beer. Finally we ended up staying there overnight, in a peaceful back garden, for $5!
The great thing is that for that price you had hot showers! Yay, finally clean! First one in 7 days.

Then I made the usual noodles for Killian and a salad of avocado, tuna, tomato, cauliflower and bbq abalone for me...

The place was really peaceful and quiet. Killian and I had a long night sleep, again our eyes closed the same time as the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment