Monday 9 January 2012

Tasmania - Day 6 - Bicheno and fishing

Seeing we have slept on a regular campground for the first time, I didn't feel compelled to leave the spot as soon as I woke up. So the morning is starting slowly...

This breakfast did welcome another experiment. This time, heating crumpets on the portable gas stove bbq plate. The mission was a success!

My original plan was to leave in the morning for Wineglass bay, but Killian enjoyed the place, talking to an old lady, playing with another fire, collecting shells.

We only left after lunch to Swansea, where I bought some food and a fishing stick for Killian. I went then up to Bicheno, where I bought a $60 2 months park pass.

This gained us access to Friendly beaches free camping. It was hot and I was in a so so mood. Another day where I didn't do what I wanted and spent a lot of money, in total 150.
Friendly beaches campsite was made of individual spot hidden into the bushes. Quite lovely. The beach is of white sands and rock, and we went for a wander around there.

While we were making killian's fish stick ready, we were greated by a wallaby, quietly grazing around, the grass and some tender bush leaves.

We went back to Bicheno jetty at dusk, for some fishing, ... Well it ended up in a total mess with the lines. I asked the help of a local grandfather. He looked like he knew was he was doing, but not so friendly for making us feel at ease as beginners - after sorting out the mess, he was quite harsh in saying : now get back home with the kid, and if it's his first time don't go fishing by night, too hard. Not a smile. I was embarrassed but didn't say anything, and indeed I soon drove away from this epic trial, before making further mess. The only thing I realized is that there's many little controls on that fishing stick, I should YouTube it to learn what knob does what in there... And now I have these baits rotting away in the van. I didn't put them in the cooler with our food, hell no...

Returning to friendly beaches, we had a good night sleep. I prayed the weather was good tomorrow, as I was hoping to see the famous Wineglass Bay and do some walking!

I dreamed of some very strong warrior of the future, damaged by wars and crazy mission on the internet, connected to the virtual world, communicating by cables to this world. To the point he once but his tongue as it was useless, as he was part of this mind world. Misunderstood and estranged, however a pure soul I made friend with. When he announced that he was leaving for his last mission, I hugged him and started crying. He was touched. My tears wouldn't stop, but it was very liberating to let go and hug his giant torso, my head against his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment